Jeanne M. Dams lives in South Bend, Indiana. Her book, "The Body in the Transept", the first in "Dorothy Martin Mystery Series", won the Agatha Award for Best First Novel of 1995.
DOROTHY MARTIN MYSTERY SERIES
This series features, Dorothy Martin, an American schoolteacher retired in England, who is first introduced as a widow but then marries Chief Constable (later, retired) Alan Nesbitt, few books down the series.
1) The Body In The Transept (1995)
Dorothy Martin is an inquisitive American widow who has relocated to Sherebury, a small college town outside of London, after the death of her beloved husband. Although it's difficult to get into the Christmas spirit, donning one of her trademark hats, she does her best--until she trips over the body of a cranky cleric who has more enemies in town than the bible's got begats.
Dorothy doesn't like to intrude on a community's grief, but she has read more than her share of mysteries, is an intelligent woman, and does have a lot of time on her hands. Although her questions are discreet, nothing seems to stop a second murder. And despite friendly warnings to stay off the case from the rather attractive Chief Constable Alan Nesbitt, Dorothy can't let it go. Unfortunately, the murderer moves dangerously close to home, and Dorothy must do some fast stepping to keep ahead of a villain with a secret he will kill to keep.
2) Trouble In The Town Hall (1996)
3) Holy Terror In The Hebrides (1997)
4) Malice In Miniature (1998)
5) The Victim In Victoria Station (1999)
6) Killing Cassidy (2000)
7) To Perish In Penzance (2001)
8) Sins Out Of School (2003)
(Books Not Yet Read)
9) Winter Of Discontent (2004)
10) A Dark And Stormy Night (2011)
11) The Evil That Men Do (2012)
12) The Corpse Of St. James's (2012)
13) Murder At The Castle (2013)
14) Shadows Of Death (2013)
15) Day Of Vengeance (2014)